Saturday, April 4, 2015

Uji Bites





Sakura season is in full swing right now and I can't wait to share my pictures with you guys! I'll have a lot of posts these next couple of weeks on them :) Onto today's post! 

With their high-quality tea and matcha-flavored food, Uji is a haven for people like me, so I was determined to try whatever I could. I started off with matcha bread (and a cream filling!) from a small, local bakery and continued my day from there :)

Regular matcha ice cream, but they dusted it with matcha powder!! It really gave the ice cream an extra punch of flavor that I loved. 

Nakamura Tokichi--a famous and popular restaurant with two branches in Uji. Their main store is right across from the JR Station while the Byodoin branch is located along Ometesando. A big tip: go early before they open and sign your name on their reservation book. They'll call customers according to the number order so you'll get called first if you write your name down before anyone else, even if you're behind the long line when they open. Do this and you can go explore around until they open at 11:00. I went at 8:30, but they didn't bring out the reservation book until just around 10:00. Despite this, I was the first person to write my name down and got called in to be seated first even though I was way in the back of the long line.


Got the matcha soba set which came with rice (it came after I took the picture), tsukemono and a small dessert, which was really good by the way. 

Hojicha parfait to eat as the day got warmer in the afternoon :) 



Thank you so much for reading and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment