Thursday, April 9, 2015

Kyo-Ine: Mountain Views




Getting  an early start in Arashiyama meant having an early lunch while everyone was just arriving. I've walked past this restaurant every time that I've walked along the main street and never had an interest in eating there because it just screamed crowds with its location. However, late mornings and cloudy weather meant less crowds so I decided to see what their food was like. I was the first one in and was told to go upstairs and choose any seat. I snagged a comfortable table by the window and was given a menu, selecting the Kyo Obanzai. I just might order this again if I eat at the restaurant again. 

It consisted of a mini nabe pot with a piece of mochi that you put inside and it would melt into an ooey-gooey goodness that picked up the flavors of the miso and tofu. They gave a very generous portion of yuba-dofu and yudofu! A variety of side dishes were included such as rice, tsukemono, warabi mochi (they're known for it), miso soup, chawan-mushi, goma tofu and mochi dengaku which came with a thick miso paste to eat with it. If you're ever strolling along the main street before peak lunch hours, then I highly suggest this place :) If you get a window seat, you'll see gorgeous views of the mountains although I wasn't as lucky with the clouds, but it was still beautiful. 



The mini nabe pot chock full with yuba dofu and yudofu :)



Mochi dengaku with a red miso paste to dip in.

Their popular warabi mochi with goma tofu in the back.




Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment