Saturday, April 18, 2015

Kisaki Yudofu



Thought I'd change up the recent sakura post spree by doing a food diary! :) Tetsugaku-no-Michi has several small cafes and restaurants for visitors to stop by and eat it, but I wasn't interested in many of them. I headed up towards the mountains, away from the path and saw this place just a minute or so up one of the side roads. Kisaki specializes in tofu (as many of the restaurants in Kyoto do) and it was only 10:30, but they were open and I was hungry, so I stepped inside and ordered one of the yudofu sets. I've always been a fan of yuba-dofu, but their yudofu was quite good! Definitely try this place if you're in the area :)

The first of many customers after I finished my early lunch.


Completely empty room except for my table :)


Goma-dofu (sesame tofu) is officially one of my favorite Japanese foods. Thick and creamy with a nice sesame flavor to it :) The bonito, nori, green onion, and grated ginger were for the sauce to dip the yudofu in.




Some yummy tempura to finish it off!


As always, thank you so much for reading and I hope you all enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment