Friday, December 5, 2014

Peaceful Stroll: The Philosopher's Path

I hope you've all been keeping warm as we head into December! That means Christmas is sooooo close and I don't know about all of you, but I'm in full Christmas mode with my holiday music blasting every day and decorations everywhere in my apartment :) But back to today's post ^^ This is the last post in my northeastern Kyoto adventure :D

 After walking through Eikando, I decided it was time to head over to Tetsugaku no Michi, or the Philosopher's Path. This two-kilometer stone path is lined with hundreds of sakura trees, making it a must-see destination during spring. It gets its name because of Nishida Kitaro, a well-known Kyoto University professor, who used to stroll along the path for meditation. A few minutes away from Eikando, the Philosopher's Path connects with Ginkakuji which lies further north. Small temples can be found just a short walk away from the path (there will be signs) and various cafes and shops make for a nice break ^^ although I thought they were a bit pricey.


If you see this sign, you're about to walk through the Philosopher's Path :)

Sometimes just grabbing a bento and enjoying the views can be very relaxing :)


Drawing done by a local 

He just sat on the edge of a small bridge and painted and sketched his heart away :)





Two very nice ladies were selling some of their hand-made crafts and I couldn't resist buying a couple of these! Knowing that I was supporting a local business made me very happy (and the fact that they were so nice and eager to talk with me only made it better ^^)



This European-style omiyage store just shouted out to me so I had to take a picture.

Bought a small container of warabi mochi from this local temple stand! And the old man was so nice and friendly :)


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment