Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Korea: First Hours

Happy Wednesday everyone! :)

Korea has been on my bucket list for quite some time, so when the opportunity came to travel to Seoul with a few friends, I didn't hesitate. I thought staying in Seoul for the entire four days would give us an ample amount of time to do everything that we wanted to do and we were lucky enough to cross off most of the attractions from our list. Today's post will cover the first few hours of our arrival. Enjoy! :)

Arrived at Incheon Airport by mid morning and caught an airport shuttle bus to Hyewa. We almost had the entire bus to ourselves!


En route to Seoul

From the bus stop in Hyewa, it was a five minute walk to our hostel. If you want to save money on accommodations, I highly recommend looking into hostels. Our total per person for three nights ended up being around 70,000 won or seventy dollars. 

One of the many shopping streets in Hyewa. We ended up walking through here every day while going to the station. The only downside--many stores don't open until 10:30 or 11:00 so if you want to get an early start, I recommend going somewhere that doesn't have specific hours...



Our first meal in Korea!! I loved eating all of the side dishes :]

Ordered some gochujang bulgolgi and it came with an egg dish very similar to chawan mushi. Couldn't finish it, but it was sooooo yummy!


Walked around for a bit after eating lunch and these socks...can they get any cuter??They were everywhere and I wasn't going to complain about that :)

Fresh fruit juice? Yes, please!! They combined fruit with some ice and a little bit of sugar in a blender...

..and you get a yummy, refreshing fruit drink!! My friend was pretty stoked about her watermelon juice ^^


Caught the train to the college area of Ihwa where you can turn your shopping mode on :)

I thought it was cute to see couples walking around in Korea because couples in Japan aren't as prone to showing affection such as holding hands, hugging, etc. in public as Koreans are (did anyone notice the matching shoes that the couple in the back have?)

Fruit is quite expensive in Kobe so when we saw vendors selling huge chunks of them for cheap, my friend couldn't resist buying one for herself!

Hello watermelon~ :D

Shoes, shoes, and more shoes! Some stores were selling them for 10,000 won (ten dollars), others for 20,000 won and some stores allowed customers to bargain for them! 

With the immense popularity of K-pop idols, having their pictures on adorable, cheap socks wasn't really a choice :) I ended up buying a pair of Taeyang socks for myself because let's be honest--I would never see socks like those ever again ^^

Had to resist the urge to buy every Disney sock that I saw....

Every street had a makeup store. No joke. Some streets had four makeup stores right next to each other...

Fake glasses galore~ =] I was so excited to try these on!

For only a dollar a pair you can't just buy one...


That's it for this post! Next post will be from Hongdae :] Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment