Friday, June 20, 2014

Anmitsugori: Beating the Summer Heat

Happy Friday everyone! :)

I went to Kyoto this past weekend for one of their handicraft markets and to visit the Botanical Gardens (will have a post on this soon). The last time I was in Kyoto was during early April when the weather was still nice and cool. Come summer time and all I could feel was the heat and humidity, so my friend and I decided to cool off by going to a little cafe called Sabo Isehan. Located a few minutes from Demachiyanagi Station, this cafe specializes in their anmitsu and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to try their summer special: anmitsugori. The matcha kakigori (shave ice) was extremely refreshing with the vanilla ice cream and the An wasn't overly sweet and soft, but firm and slightly bitter which balanced out the sweetness of the kakigori and ice cream. The jelly and mochi also gave the dessert a variety of textures and for 900 yen, this was definitely worth it! :)



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment