Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chionji Temple Flea Market

Happy Tuesday everyone~! :)

I hope your weeks are starting off on a good note ^^. I have never been a huge flea/handicraft market person, but when I heard about the various markets in Kyoto, I was set on going to at least one of them. The Chionji Temple Flea Market is held at the temple on the 15th of every month and is Kyoto's largest handicraft market. It's usually held from 8:00-4:00 and because it gets crowded rather quickly, I wanted to get there as early as I could. Getting up at 5am on a Saturday morning was not something I do all the time, but it was definitely worth it :)

After getting off at Kawaramachi Station, I walked to the Gion Shijo Station and caught the train to Demachiyanagi and walked to the temple grounds from there. The market had a wide range of handmade things and it was amazing to see what people could make. I ended up staying there for a good four hours just walking around and exploring every tent multiple times to make sure that I didn't miss anything :) Although it was rather wet and rainy, that didn't stop the crowds from coming!


























Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment